What is a grow tent?
Grow tents are an excellent way to setup your indoor garden. Grow tents keep your growing environment contained and gives you the ability to control things like temperature, humidity, light, etc. Grow tents normally consist of light weight, but strong material that is installed over a metal frame. These indoor grow tents have large openings and additional ports for ventilation and electrical wires. Normally, the inside of the grow tent material is reflective to make your lighting much more efficient than sitting in an open room.
Why use a grow tent?
Using a grow tent indoors is beneficial for a number of reasons. Environmental control is the primary reason to use one. You can isolate your grow room from pests, external light, and other diseases. Also, optimizing your growing environment allows you to get larger yields from your indoor plants.
Choosing a grow tent
When deciding on which grow tent to purchase, there are a number of factors to consider. It’s important to plan your grow tent setup to prevent frustration or problems down the road.
• Size – Make sure there is plenty of room for your plants to grow and get appropriate air movement around them. Choosing a grow tent that is too small could be disastrous once the plants start to mature. You’ll also need room for the grow light and other equipment. Maybe you will want to switch from soil to hydroponics in the grow tent later on, so plan accordingly.
• Quality – When researching your grow tent look at the thickness of the grow tents fabric. This can be determined by the denier number. There will be a D next to a number like 200D or 800D. The larger the number the thicker the grow tent fabric.
• Openings or Ports – Make sure there are enough ventilation ports for fans and electrical wiring. For example, in a hydroponic grow tent setup you will need a hole to run air hoses to the outside of the tent.
• PVC in the grow tent can release toxic phthalates and other chemicals into your grow room which can be dangerous to plants. Check for this in the grow tent description.
Gorilla Grow Tents
- Gorilla Grow Tents are one of the premium brands of indoor grow tents. Gorilla Grow Tents label themselves as the “tallest, thickest, and strongest” indoor grow tents on the market. With a little comparison shopping you will find this is true.
- Tallest Grow Tents – Gorilla Grow Tents offer an adjustable height extension kit that increase the grow tent height up to 9 feet tall. This will allow your plants to grow much larger and taller. This additional height also help with heat distribution from the grow lights.
- Thickest Grow Tents – Gorilla Grow tents are made with 1680D threaded fabric which is also reflective on the inside. This grow tent fabric is 3-9x more dense than other grow tent setups. These tents are very strong and hold more light in.
- Strongest Grow Tents – They also have very strong 100% metal frames and fasteners that tend to be much more sturdy than competitors tents.
- The company offers a ton of different designs to fit most indoor growers needs.